I am writing this having still not managed to post the previous update as we haven’t been able to find an internet café anywhere we have stopped.
So what has happened, well after leaving Epidhavros we sailed to Korfos where we met up again with our friends Ian & Sue on Pulsar II, as we planned to go through the canal together. We had to stay at anchor in Korfos for two nights as the canal is closed on Tuesdays for maintenance.
On Wednesday 1st August (perfect planning!) we passed through the
Having successfully negotiated the canal and with our wallets considerably lighter we motored to the town of
As well as it being a convenient stopping off point whilst going through the Gulf, the real reason for coming to Itea was so we could visit the site of Ancient Delphi. This is one of the most spectacular and beautiful classical sites in
From Itea we continued west through the Gulf to the wonderful little
Unfortunately we became trapped in Trizonia for 5 nights, longer than we originally planned, as the wind decided to blow 30knt straight down the Gulf, whipping the sea up and sending gusts into the marina that kept us pinned against the quay. Even if we wanted to there was no way we could get off the wall so we just had to sit it out. On the plus side if you are going to be trapped somewhere I can’t think of a much better place for it to happen.
Finally after 5 days the wind dropped and we were able to leave early in the morning before the wind returned. We motored down the Gulf in a steadily rising wind but as we neared the new
From the bridge we motored into the
Now the next part of our voyage begins, the Ionian. It is the 9th August and we have the rest of the month to slowly make our way up to
Duncan & Kim.